Monday, January 5, 2015

No Waste, No Substitutions

New Beginnings bring change for all.  It's been posted, I am no longer a short order breakfast cook working on everyone else's schedule.  I know it'll take some time for the other members of his home to get used to the idea that I am taking back my life.  With this change I might also have to put on my big bad bitch hat.  The grocery situation in this house is out of control and I am having to reel it back in and take stock in every egg, carrot and piece of bread within these walls.  Unfortunately the budget doesn't allow for grazing or eating because you're board. 
This morning ran beautifully for the boy wonder and myself.  Oatmeal was served for all, he and I ate and were out the door with time to spare and no tears from either of us.  It was a perfect dress rehearsal for when he ACTUALLY returns to school tomorrow...Oops!  Oh well, I enjoyed the company as I dropped the dog off at the vet and ran to the grocery store. 

This is what I returned to...Sleeping Grumpy decided to sleep in and already broke my NO WASTE rule! 
Oatmeal not touched and he ate the last banana.  The mess was left on the table for me to clean and now that it's later and he had too much fruit there's another mess for me to deal with.  I'm hating life right now. 

On the plus side both child and man-child have been at peace with no fighting, yelling, cussing and both have stayed in their respective rooms today.

Maybe, just maybe it's a New Beginning miracle!?


No comments: