Friday, November 11, 2011

"F" is for Fun, Fall, Friday, FOOTBALL

I started writing this blog nearly a month ago 11.11.11 and for some reason I was pulled from the computer and my words were forgotten about until I happened about them tonight.  But since I started it why not finish.  Right?

Today was an "F" day.  Full of fun;  we were lucky enough to spend this beautiful fall Friday with the St. Louis Rams football team during one of their practices. 

The Rams invited veterans out to watch one of their practices and to thank the vets for their service.  I cannot put into words how excited I was when Eric told me we were one of the selected families.  Eric had to wear his BDU's but I made sure Jonner and I were clothed in our Rams gear and Eric went out to purchase items for the players to sign during the meet and greet. 

It was so much fun to shake hands and chat with the players.  They're just normal people like you and me.  They get worn out from a hard workout, they get hungry, they laugh and tell jokes....ordinary people - who make a ton of money! 

I think the biggest highlight was for Jonner (on a few occassions).  He played football with Rampage the mascott and had several pictures taken with him.  And after the practice Brandon Lloyd made a bee-line for Jonner and gave him his practice glove.  He made the day of one little boy! 

Here are a few pictures of our day.

Warm Up

#55 shaking hands

My two favorite guys

Jman with Rampage

Playing football with Rampage...notice the ball bouncing off of his head!

Playing ball with Rampage

Is this not the cutest little boy EVER!

As Jonner said "meeting a real hero" WWII Vet

Scrimage

Daddy playing ball with his boy

High 5's!

#8 Quarterback Sam Bradford signing J's helmet

Today:  I now realize why I never finished this blog.  I hadn't uploaded my pictures, but my thoughts were all over the place.  And now that it's weeks later I don't know what direction my thoughts were going in...and I don't know how to fix it now.  So I appologize for the beebopping around.  It was a great day and gave us so many wonderful memories.  Jonner still talks about Brandon Lloyd giving him his glove and he loves to show off his signed football & helmet.  We've put them away to keep nice and hope to have properly (safely) display his treasures in his room.  I've gone from the woman who doesn't like/watch football to a Rams fan! 

Little man with his treasures.  Now THAT is a real smile!

Future NFLer



No comments: