Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Row, Row, Row Your Boat...

Today was going to be a busy one for me.  Run to the commissary, play catch up on the laundry, recreate a few things I've seen on Pinterest, put away Halloween and get out the turkeys & pilgrims.  Instead I was lucky enough to get up close and personal with the grout lines in my bathroom.  Showering this morning I noticed the water was draining slowly so I finished up so I could start my busy day.  I was greated by 1/2 an inch of standing water on my bathroom floor and the tub in Jonner's bathroom had backed up and had standing water in it.  The plumber has spent the morning cleaning the main line out and digging out roots but he believes there is either an impassable knot of roots or a break in the line.  WooHoo I was wondering how long we'd have a nice "cushion" in our savings account.  10 days, and we're wipped clean without a safety net.  Just when we start to get ahead we're knocked back down. 

Right now we're waiting for all utilities to come mark for any underground lines before the digging begins.  I wrote a check for 1/2 of what it'll cost to complete the repairs outside.  An insurance adjuster will be coming today to see how much damage was done to our bathroom from all of the water.  I've used every last towel (clean and dirty) to soak up the water.  Hopefully by this time tomorrow we'll be back to business as usual. 

Meanwhile I hope we can figure out the toilet situation, laundry, dishes....my sanity.  On a positive note, once it's all said, done, paid for we will have a 20yr warranty in our hot little hands!

Cup half full.....    of grimey, poop water.   

1 comment:

Alisha said...

Your last line made me laugh. At least you are thinking positive. :) Sorry about your plumbing issues. I hope it all works out and soon!