Friday, October 14, 2011

Adoption Update

This morning was our 6 month home walk through with our social worker from Luthern Child & Family Services.  It was a simple 15 minute "inspection" to make sure our license was hung/displayed according to state regulations, all medicines & chemicals locked away, the gun in the safe, fire extinguisher & smoke detectors.  Basic's that are pretty much our norm anyway.  I did go through the house yesterday to make sure the smoke/carbon monoxide detectors worked and wouldn't you know it this morning I hear chirping.  After changing batteries in the one from the laundry room I still could hear chirping.  I found the guilty party in a drawer in the laundry room.  Evidently we had an extra and it was tucked away and forgotten about! 

Our worker informed me that our book has only been viewed once.  I'm happy that it went out, and a little sad that we weren't chosen.  I asked if the birthmom said why we weren't chosen and I guess she's having a bi-racial baby and choose a bi-racial family.  I can understand and respect that decission and I like that it wasn't anything stupid like us not living in a big two story house. 

We're still plugging away with our own networking and I've started a letter to enclose in our Christmas cards.  We officially started the adoption process with paperwork in March...7 months... we're ready for a baby! 

Jonner talks about having a baby sister all the time.  It doesn't help that both of my sisters have little girls and his cousin's that are his age have what he wants....a baby sister.  He's willing to take Abbi-Gail (Liam's sister) or Sienna (Levi's sister) and doesn't understand why he can't have them.  Me telling him that they're already someone elses baby sister doesn't seem to hold much weight with him.  As excited as he'd be to have a baby sister I know he'd be equally excited for a baby brother.  He loves the babies! 

I guess if you're reading this and know of someone looking into making an adoption plan for their unborn child, please remember us and refer the birthparent to us and/or contact us for contact info for our social worker and/or adoption attorney. 

1 comment:

SAM said...

I will keep you guys in my prayers. We understand where you are right now with this. Just finished our last round of fertility treatments again a few months ago because we wanted to try for a second. It is such a consuming process in so many ways that we have not started another adoption, but have been taking time to pray and think through taking this journey again. Keep updating us! Love this blog!! What a great resource for you guys to have! Peace be with you guys, Samantha