Saturday, October 22, 2011

Fall Fun

On a typical weekend we all curl up on the couch and eventually we all fall asleep and when we wake up we tease each other about falling asleep during our family movie/cuddle time.  Today I'm letting my guys curl up with some Scooby-Doo and I'm playing catch up.  My two favorite guys are holding to tradition and snoozing away! 
My poor little guy is sporting a rash on his face & neck.  I took him to the Dr. yesterday and I was told that a child with frequent respitory issues it's common to have a "hystamine" attack and have irratation from things they come in contact with.  The only thing out of our norm is we went to the pumpkin patch and he was lovin' on and feeding the cows. 
It's a little on the itchy side, but for the most part it's not giving him to much grief and he's leaving it alone.  Hopefully another day or two of Zyrtec & 1% Cortizone will clear him up.  Thankfully he's not contagious!  And while we were at the Dr. I went ahead and started getting him caught up on some of his vaccines while we were there AND healthy.  Poor guy got 3 shots in the thigh and we go back next month for his 4yr old well check up and he'll get 3 more. 


The temps really dropped this week and I broke down and turned the heat on for a few days.  I love the cooler temps fall brings but I'm not a big fan of the damp, drizzle that we had for a few days this week.  Monday Jonner and I joined our MOPS group for a trip to the pumpkin patch.  As always we had a great time seeing the animals, playing with friends in the farm play center and riding the tractor to pick out the perfect pumpkin.  After trompsing through the pumpkin patch and passing on several pumkins, Jonner found a winner to bring home!
The best part of going to the pumpkin patch is being with friends.  Jonner and his best girl Ellie have been the best of friends (it's a love/hate, brother/sister relationship) since they were little bitty's.  And Jonas on the right is a new friend Jonner met at the pumpkin patch and they became fast friends. 
These two are the best of the patch!

Jonner and I made another fun craft this week.  We raided the plastic recycle bin and found two milk jugs that we could transform into spooky ghosts.  We started out putting a layer of glow in the dark paint over the jug and then added our facial features with black paint.  We should have put several coats of glow in the dark on the jug because one just didn't do much!  But we had fun and our ghosts turned out fabulous!
These were made to put a light in to illuminate from the inside, but Jonner and one of his little playmates made a game of Boo Chase out of them.  They each held a jug by it's handle and chased each other around the yard yelling "boooooo" and going up on the neighbors "haunted" porch.  I love seeing how little imaginative minds work and I'm so happy they were able to make something recycled into something fun! 

This morning was a Mommy Morning.  Every year my good friend and I make a point to get out on a weekend, kid-free.  We've been to the Belleville Historical Christmas Tour and we oh'd and ah'd over the wonderful Christmas decor the beautiful, historical homes of Belleville area.  The last couple of years we've gone to the local Craft Fair at the Fairgrounds.  Last year the building was packed with vendors and so many crafts to choose from and inspire to recreate.  This cute owl was my big find last year.  I just love him and can keep him up the entire fall season. 
This year was a little bit of a disappointment.  There were not near as many vendors as last year, but we still had a good time and saw and bought some cute crafts. 

HoHoHo my Santa Snowman will be a great addition to my Christmas Kitchen.

Sara & Saul Pilgrim are a cute little couple that I scored an awesome deal on for the pair (they were mis-marked) and since I have very little Thanksgiving decor I thought it'd be fun to get something.  Especially since I'm hosting Thanksgiving this year!

These days out are few and far between and very much enjoyed by both of us.  Thanks to some hubby's that help with schedules to make it happen.  I couldn't ask for more! 

2 comments:

DeAnn said...

That is the cutest "kid" couple I've ever seen!!! I also forgot how cute that owl was! I love the milk carton ghosts. Great job!!

Alisha said...

Those are some great pictures! I adore the one of Jonner and Ellie. So sweet!