Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Weigh in Wednesday - Wk 2

The Good the Bad and the Ugly....

First off, lurkers out there.....I know who you are!  Blogger has this great feature and I can track who looks at my blog.  I had an astounding 75 views last week on my Wk 1 blog....this is a great increase to my normal 3-4 views of an ordinary blog.  So if you're here to rubber neck an accident, keep moving and don't text and drive!  I accept comments and if you can't be supportive and encouraging I don't need you reading my blog! 

Ok, off my soapbox and my full attention is back to my faithful 4! 

Wk 1 goals were as follows:
  • to love myself and be happy with even the littlest accomplishments, make time for me both physically and emotionally.
  • be a soda free house
Did I succeed:
  • I walked for 2hrs last Friday, I mowed the grass over the weekend and I've been on the floor playing a lot more with Jonner little accomplishments that I NEED to acknowledge.  They don't seem like much but I tried.  I did not make time for myself and I'm still in the loathing state.  I tried to make it to a couple of Weight Watcher meetings but it didn't happen (insert excuse here). 
  • Happy Dance, Happy Dance!!!  We've been a soda free house for just over a week!!  I've been able to avoid the soda calling me with ice cold water & Crystal Light.  I think this heat has helped some because I've actually craved water & tea over soda.  I am happy to say I'm much less bloated and I think it's because the soda is out of my system and I've had little to no caffine withdrawl headaches....double YAY!  
Wk 2 goals:
  • continue with wk 1 goals
  • make it to a Weight Watcher's meeting (I've been paying for WW since March and have only gone 3 times)  
  • fit a 30 minute workout in 3x a week 
My current thoughts:
My husband has lost a lot of weight recently and is looking GOOD!  I'm definately not feeling the pride I once did walking next to him.  So I really want to feel good about myself and have that sense of pride I once had when we were together.  He's golfing about 2-3x a week, playing softball 2x a week, training for a marathon plus working 40+hrs a week.....it's no wonder I can't find time for myself.  Ooops did I just type that!  I am proud of the work he's done to make himself feel and look better, but I'm also jealous.  Two years ago I decided I wanted to run a 5k and agreed to run with me while I trained the Couch to 5K program.  Not only did I complain, but I slowed him down a lot....and I knew it.  It made it easy to complain because I knew he wouldn't push me because I slowed him down....making it even easier to quit altogether.  I complained but I did feel better and more energized through the day, dare I say I miss running and feeling good.  While I was "training" I didn't loose a single pound.  Not ONE!  I did loose a lot of inches all over and I was starting to feel good about being able to pick cute clothes out. 

Now I have Eric training for a marathon, several friends who have completed a half marathon and here I am just wanting to be able to run a 5k in 30ish minutes!  Can I do it?  I know it, you know it, we all know I CAN.  But will I find the motivation and the drive within myself to do it and finally follow through with something?   

3 comments:

Tiffani said...

testing....

Kristy said...

YOU CAN DO IT!!!! Believe in yourself!!!! I am cheering for you!

Jill said...

Kudos on the soda free home....we have cut down tremendously and I also find myself craving water and tea (and not sweet tea...LOL). As far as working out...baby steps! Don't jump in and burn yourself out. I've been working out for a while now...not losing weight (very frustrating) but at least my heart is healthier and my body more tone. Keep the faith girl....YOU CAN AND WILL do it!