Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Weigh in Wednesday - Wk 3

Another week has gone by and it's time to weigh in again.  I'm beginning to dread Wednesdays, but I know like everything else "this too shall pass" until next week! 

My goals for last week didn't seem too lofty when I made them, but I'm wondering if I haven't put too many goals on myself because I'm not able to check each one off.  So this week I'm not going to add new goals.  I need to accomplish what I've already set out to do before I can continue on. 

My previous goals were:
  • to love myself and be happy with even the littlest accomplishments, make time for me both physically and emotionally. 
  • be a soda free home
  • make it to a Weight Watcher's meeting
  • fit a 30 min. workout in 3x a week
Did I succeed?
  • I made time for me emotionally last weekend with my trip to Iowa.  I had a wonderful time with family & friends and felt completely refreshed and ready to start a new week.  YAY!
  • We continue to be a soda free home.  I will admit I did have a couple of soda's over the weekend with meals but I'm not going to get worked up about those 2 drinks.  And the cravings have stayed away!  YAY!
  • I did TRY to go to a WW meeting, but the a/c is broke at the meeting center and due to the extreme heat they've adjusted their hours.  So I need to get online and look for a time at an alternate meeting space that will work for me.  I did finally weigh myself today and I'm gulp: 11 lbs. heavier today than the last time I weighed in at WW in March.  I started tracking my points today and I hope to continue with tracking the food I eat in an effort to be accountable and remember what I'm eating. 
  • I didn't get a single workout in last week.  BOO! 
I bought myself the Magic Bullet yesterday in hopes to whip up some yummy smoothies.  When my sister Bobbi visited last month she brought hers and made me fantastic breakfast smoothies every morning as a meal replacement.  She's eating better and attending a boot-camp and looking great, so I'm going to try to follow her lead.  I also bought myself a jar of PB2.  It's powdered peanut butter and delishious!  Best of all a serving of 2 Tbsp is only 1 WW pt! 

I feel like I'm heading in the right direction, but taking teeny-tiny baby steps.  I hope that I can keep up with what I've started this week and it'll reflect on the scale. 

1 comment:

DeAnn said...

You are heading in the right direction. Taking care of your mental well being by taking some much needed time for yourself is definitely the right direction. We all know it takes time. I hope you find a different WW to check in at. I'm thinking maybe you can make me on of those smoothies you were talking about. :)