Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Weigh in Wednesday - wk 4

Can you believe it's Wednesday again?  I'm happy to say I've had a really good week.  I feel good and I've been sleeping really well.  It's been a long time since I can honestly say I've had a good nights sleep and let me tell you being a mom sleep is NOT over rated!  A big thank you to Jonner for finally sleeping through the night! 

Like I said above I had a good week, my previous goals were:  (I need to constantly remind myself!)
  • to love myself and be happy with even the littlest accomplishments, make time for myself both physically & emotionally.
  • be a soda free home
  • make it to a Weight Watcher's meeting
  • fit a 30 min. workout in 3x a week
  • journal my food
We continue to be soda free for the most part.  I've found myself craving a Diet Coke these last few days but I think it's because I don't really care for the Crystal Light flavor I have in the frige.  It's time to just dump it out and make up something I do like and I think that will take care of the soda cravings.  I also made it to a WW meeting.  I really enjoyed the smaller meeting and felt a sense of community within the group which is something I didn't feel at the meeting center when I attended back in March.  I also really liked the leader, she took time with me to go over the plan again and answer my questions and concerns.  And when she didn't have an answer she asked the other WW associate who did have the answer for me.  I look forward to going back (good or bad on the scale) and getting more great tips & suggestions from the leaders and fellow members.  My self loathing is decreasing, I still have moments but they are becoming fewer and I'm concentrating on me and my happiness and I know my behavior will reflect on those around me and make all of our lives a bit easier and more enjoyable.  I haven't actually had a 30 min workout, but I have mowed the grass and taken Jonner for a walk around the block.  We walk at a snails pace so he can investigate his surroundings and we've taken time to visit with some neighbors, but I'm going to count it as a little bit of physical and a lot of emotional "workout" for the good.  Jonner and I have also taken advantage of the slight cooler temps and have played outside.  I don't know how many times I've walked the length of the yard and I fit in a few squats & jumps in during our play too.  I'm up and moving, Yay!  Saving the best for last I've lost 4.5 pounds this week (on my home scale)!!!  I know jounaling my food has been a tremendous help....as much as I hate doing it, it really does work for me. 

My plan is to continue with what I'm doing.  Right now it's working and I need to feel like I've got a hold of what I'm doing and know that I can be successful at right now and not worry about two weeks from now, next month or even further into the future. 

1 comment:

DeAnn said...

Way to go Tiffani!!! You are doing a great job! Any kind of movement counts as exercise to me. I am also really happy that you found a new WW place to go. Great week!!! Can't wait until next week.